Chocolate Making Basics Course
Learn the basics of chocolate-making including melting and tempering.
Instructor: Beth Klosterboer
Skill Level: Beginner
Have you ever struggled with the chocolate-making process where your chocolates don't set up properly, and they are soft, streaky or spotty, or worse yet, cracked? Or have you burned chocolate, had it seize, or had it get so thick you can't work with it?
Let's solve those problems.
In The Sugar Academy’s Chocolate Making Basics Course, instructor, chocolatier, Beth Klosterboer will teach you all the basic fundamentals for working with chocolate so that when you begin to make candies you won't have any issues.
You'll make beautiful chocolates that have great texture and taste every time.
IN THIS CHOCOLATE MAKING BASICS COURSE YOU'LL LEARN:
- the difference between pure chocolate and compound chocolate, also known as confectionery coating, candy melts, melting wafers, or almond bark
- when to use each of the two types of chocolate
- how to properly melt chocolate using either the microwave or stove-top
- why it’s imperative that you temper pure chocolate so that you produce candies that have great shine and snap
- how to temper pure chocolate using the seeding method and the simple microwave method
- how to create beautiful chocolate pieces using candy molds
- how to work with compound chocolates
- how to store your chocolates and candy melts
- how to thin out thick candy melts
- how to keep your candies from cracking
This course is a prerequisite for the Chocolate Candies and Chocolate Truffles courses. If you already have a good understanding of all the course objectives listed above you are welcome to skip this course, otherwise, it is highly recommended that you take this course first.
- 8-page printable class instructions packet
- supply list
Join the exclusive, private, The Sugar Academy Chocolate Facebook group, so you can share pictures, ask questions, complete challenges, and have a bit of fun! Beth will go live periodically to share troubleshooting tips, answer questions, and fun candy-making projects.
If you plan to gift this course to someone you can purchase the course, set a username and password, then print out a gift certificate and fill out the certificate and share it with your gift recipient. They can change their password once they log in for the first time.
Are you ready to get started making the most amazing handmade chocolates?
Once you learn these basic chocolate-making skills you’ll be ready to make beautiful chocolate candies at home.
You might also like these other courses: